The horizontal directional drill operator/locator specializes in horizontal drilling and underground utility construction while providing safe, customer-focused services to our customers. This job requires typical work of 40 hours per week. Travel for short term out of town assignments are to be expected.
· 2 years or more operating a directional drill.
· Willing and available to work overtime.
· Ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds throughout the shift.
· Ability to walk on uneven or rough terrain.
· Able to work in all extreme weather conditions.
· Class A CDL.
· OSHA 10 and 30 Safety certification
· Valid First Aid/CPR.
· Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
· Prefer those with mechanical inclination.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 - $35.00 per hour
Paid time off
12 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
HDD/Locate: 2 years (Required)
Driver's License (Required)
CDL A (Required)
On the road
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible